Hissy Fics!
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 11:33:04 AM

:    
Hissy Fics is now online!
17148 200 48
: Vrscika
+  Hissy Fics!
|-+  Role-Play
| |-+  PG-13 Rated
| | |-+  Maquis Universal
| | | |-+  Housing Quarters
| | | | |-+  Freya Lorenssith
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
: Freya Lorenssith  ( 263663 )
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

Kudos: +27/-0

: 3512

« : March 18, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »

For now, temporary quarters

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet;
tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
--  William Butler Yeats

"Fairy tales will tell you that love will conquer all;
that is one of the single most insidious lies that I know.
How long can you stay in a relationship,
regardless of much you might love,
if you absolutely know that it cannot last?"
-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

Kudos: +0/-0

: 166

« #1 : March 18, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »

Freya walked up to what was now her temporary housing. She nearly raised a hand to the door to knock before having the realization that she didn't have to do that. She pushed the door open and peered around, it was pretty empty, aside from some basic furnishings and a few other things that Freya wasn't familiar with. There was time to figure what they all were later...though she would probably end up making a trip to the hospital if she decided to tamper with any of them. She was actually glad to have little to work with, it would give her something to do and even if the quarters were fully furnished, Freya would most likely empty it out anyway.
Even the walls were bare, not that it bothered the new inhabitant at all, she liked having a ridiculously organized and tidy living space. 'Needs some more color though...'. A few trips to retrieve furniture would be needed, but once things were set up properly, that wouldn't be a problem.

Freya looked around to Aki, who had been following her now, and Hobbes, who brought up the rear...that's what happened when Freya sped up, everyone else was left in the dust. "Nice clean slate they give newcomers eh?" She mentioned as she opened a couple more doors that led off to different rooms; they were all fairly small, but of course a witch could easily resolve that issue as well.'Bedroom...bathroom...closet...oooo, kitchen, and...stairs?'. Hobbes continued to follow his new master around, but because Freya darted around so quickly, it left the gargoyle turning around in circles in the middle of the entranceway in attempts to keep up. "Oh, sorry." Freya stopped and stood next to the poor thing, laying a hand on it's head.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #2 : March 19, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Akinori laughed and went over to a panel in the kitchen.  He opened it to reveal a strange mix of magic and technology.  Everything was glowing somehow with one spell or another, and yet there was circuitry present as well.  After some altering and concentration, he looked over to Freya.  "Bring Hobbes and the raven here.  We'll go ahead and activate both, then tie them into your existing security system."

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet;
--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #3 : March 20, 2009, 03:24:51 AM »

Freya did as she was asked, Hobbes followed along and Freya removed the raven from her bag and took it out of the box, holding it for Aki to take when he was ready. She watched wide-eyed as the panel opened, 'Oooo...stuff to play with.' She stayed pretty quiet now, just observing what was going on and wondering a few things to herself before speaking up about one thought. "Alterations to the house won't mess with that stuff will it?" Freya asked, nodding towards the panel and all the wires.
She looked down and spotted Hobbes gazing at her, 'Aww...' Freya simply had to pet him again; he might be a machine, but Freya was slowly forgetting about that fact.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #4 : March 20, 2009, 09:23:30 PM »

"It might," Aki said as he took the raven out of the box.  He pulled up a wing and clicked something under it, revealing a similar small panel.  He pulled a cord from it and plugged it in at the panel of the house.  "It depends on what you're doing.  If you have any questions, come see me or go to Engineering and let them know that you're making alterations to your house.  They can help you and make sure the computer system stays intact."  He pulled something that looked like a small booklet out of the box and opened it, plugging that into the raven as well.  A small laser keyboard shot out from the screen and he started typing at it.

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #5 : March 21, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »

"Hmm..." 'Maybe I should just check with engineering...' She watched what Aki was doing and thought about what her plans were for the building. "As far as the raven goes, is there a certain distance where it can't transmit information any more? Say if it were a few hundred miles...thousand miles away, would I still be able to control it and receive information from it? Or is it global?" Freya gave Hobbes another pat on the head and continued on with her planning, observing some other screen-thing.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #6 : March 21, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »

"Well, that's getting tricky.  We have our own personal intraweb..."  He pulled away a moment, thinking.  "But with a secure link you could use the internet.  Or I could have it connected to the satellite system and it would definitely be global.  However, the range right now would be thirty miles from the encampment before it would lose connection.  As for you contacting it long-distance if it's at home, you can do that from anywhere that you have access to your house.  And we do have special equipment for securely logging into your security system from outside the encampment."

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #7 : March 21, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »

Freya sighed a little bit, "I think that satellite system would work the best...I need to be able to access it here when I leave it elsewhere." She took a notepad and quill from inside her bag and began scribbling a few words down, 'Intraweb...internet...satellite...'. There would be plenty of time to look them all up later.
"Hobbes, sit down." Freya said, the gargoyle had been waiting next to her as though expecting to do something, and it made the girl uncomfortable. Hobbes obeyed and set himself down on the ground, thankfully.
Freya turned back to Aki again, "So if I'm somewhere else entirely, I can still contact it? That's handy." 'I'll just go and see, Nathaniel, he's into technological stuff.' "You must be a genius to work with these kinds of things." She said as the thought came to her mind.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #8 : March 25, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

"Yup.  I'll get you a PDA for satellite contact."  He worked a little more on the raven before disconnecting and activating it.  It looked around then to the two of them.  Aki pointed to Freya then started work on Hobbes.  "As for being a genius, I guess I sort of am.  I was a bit of a child prodigy.  Can't cook worth crap, though."  He smirked at her.  "It's always a trade-off.  No one can be a master at everything.  If you're a jack-of-all-trades, you don't have the time to master anything else."

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #9 : March 25, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »

Freya looked at the raven before taking it into her hands again, holding it's legs and keeping the body upward as if it were a real bird, not knowing how else to handle it. "Thank you." She said to, Aki as she looked around the blank room again. Freya rolled her eyes slightly, "Well, I bet you are a master at cooking canned goods." 'Bleh!' Even the suggestion of eating that stuff was horrible to her. "Pop the top and you are halfway done." She couldn't help but give a smirk herself. 'Speaking of food, I've got to add a large freezer...didn't see one.... Have to replace all the appliances too.'
The girl simply continued to watch as Hobbes was being worked on, giving a small sigh and wondering how she should go about teaching him how to distinguish 'good' from 'bad' visitors. 'Photographs should work.'
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #10 : March 25, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »

Aki chuckled.  "Actually, I usually eat in the lounge."  He checked the time, thinking about it.  "Hitomi should be closing up shop about now.  I can probably grab dinner after this."  He went back to work as he continued talking.  "Nate's bar serves food for most of the encampment, and has meals ready at any time.  Though you're more likely to get something fresh if you eat at the same time as the officers.  Follow their shifts, you get good stuff.  You don't and you get what's left," he laughed.

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #11 : March 25, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »

"That sounds nice." Freya said pleasantly to him, though her actual thoughts were quite the opposite. "Good to know as well." She too checked what time it was by using the small silver watch on her left arm. 'Didn't think that much time had gone by...'. Her eyes glanced over to another door she hadn't had the chance to look in yet. 'Probably an office...maybe I'll use that for it.'
« : March 26, 2009, 09:15:43 AM Pandora88 »
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #12 : March 28, 2009, 11:15:46 AM »

"Well, the lounge is for those of us who are busy or can't cook.  We don't have instant foods here or anything."  He made some adjustments in a panel on Hobbes, then went back to configuring the house.  "Computer, confirm two active PCs connected to the Maquis housing security system.

A voice sounded from somewhere in the house.  "Confirmed.  There are two active PCs connected to the security system."

"Thank you, computer."  He continued a few modifications.  "Anyway, you want a good drink or a decent meal, you should check it out.  Cove Bar or something like that.  We just call it The Lounge."

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #13 : March 28, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

"Well, the lounge is for those of us who are busy or can't cook.  We don't have instant foods here or anything."  He made some adjustments in a panel on Hobbes, then went back to configuring the house.  "Computer, confirm two active PCs connected to the Maquis housing security system.
A voice sounded from somewhere in the house.  "Confirmed.  There are two active PCs connected to the security system."
"Thank you, computer."  He continued a few modifications.  "Anyway, you want a good drink or a decent meal, you should check it out.  Cove Bar or something like that.  We just call it The Lounge."
"Good." She said simply and started to examine the ceiling, "I like to get my own food anyway, I fend for myself usually when it comes to that kind of thing."

Freya glanced around the room as a different voice made itself heard. "That's kind of creepy..." She said more to herself than anyone else.

She nodded, "Yes, I've been there once already with a few others. Took a shot of something I wasn't familiar with and ended up nearly passing out. Not one of my best ideas, but it was on a whim...so I went with it and did it anyway." Freya looked at the raven again and set it down on one of the plain tables in the room; slightly surprised when it stood as though it was alive.
Blinking slightly, Freya turned to Aki again, "Do I have to name that one as well?" She tilted her head towards the raven. "Nevermind, I'll give it a name anyway." She thought for a moment, 'Sylvia...she of the forest...that works.' She smiled slightly to herself. 'Tundra, Anchor, Olaf, Verde, Noor, Silas, Hobbes, Sylvia...gosh I shouldn't get any more of them.'
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #14 : March 29, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »

Aki laughed.  "Oh yeah.  Really be careful of what you drink around there.  If you see a blue ale, ignore it.  Nothing but trouble."

He looked to the raven.  "And yeah, each PC needs its own name.  Otherwise if you have several, they may get confused."

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All  
« previous next »
: