Hissy Fics!
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 04:07:15 PM

:    
Hissy Fics is now online!
17148 200 48
: Vrscika
+  Hissy Fics!
|-+  Role-Play
| |-+  PG-13 Rated
| | |-+  Maquis Universal
| | | |-+  Housing Quarters
| | | | |-+  Lorenssith Summer Home
« previous next »
: [1] 2  All
: Lorenssith Summer Home  ( 192690 )
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

Kudos: +27/-0

: 3512

« : December 29, 2008, 12:30:32 AM »

It's really just a bunch of houses situated together and fenced off, as there is no housing in the encampment that can hold the Lorenssiths.  But it works for them.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet;
tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
--  William Butler Yeats

"Fairy tales will tell you that love will conquer all;
that is one of the single most insidious lies that I know.
How long can you stay in a relationship,
regardless of much you might love,
if you absolutely know that it cannot last?"
-- Slade
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #1 : August 13, 2010, 05:14:35 PM »

Ares made his way to the Lorenssith homes, which had a holographic banner across the gate, displaying, "Welcome Home, Freya."

The colors were warm and inviting, and the entire place had a sense of serenity to it.  The houses had been sectioned off into wings, with a main hall straight ahead.  The surrounded area was a small courtyard where Armand's influence could be seen in the gardening.  Most of the flora were from various parts of Asia, primarily areas of China.  A small waterfall was in a corner that churned the water below... a pond full of large koi.  None of it had been there when Freya had left, and had to have been done in the time she was away.

Ares stopped at the gates, standing just beneath the banner, watching Freya and gesturing that she should enter first.  It was, after all, her home as well.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet;
--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

Kudos: +0/-0

: 166

« #2 : August 13, 2010, 05:36:18 PM »

Ares made his way to the Lorenssith homes, which had a holographic banner across the gate, displaying, "Welcome Home, Freya."

The colors were warm and inviting, and the entire place had a sense of serenity to it.  The houses had been sectioned off into wings, with a main hall straight ahead.  The surrounded area was a small courtyard where Armand's influence could be seen in the gardening.  Most of the flora were from various parts of Asia, primarily areas of China.  A small waterfall was in a corner that churned the water below... a pond full of large koi.  None of it had been there when Freya had left, and had to have been done in the time she was away.

Ares stopped at the gates, standing just beneath the banner, watching Freya and gesturing that she should enter first.  It was, after all, her home as well.
Freya stopped, waiting for Ares to go through first, but it seemed like he was allowing her to enter. She stepped through and looked around, not at all recognizing the place. Okay, the buildings looked familiar, but everything else...no. "It's so..." Her voice trailed off as she wandered towards the pond after hearing and seeing the flowing water. Freya smiled as she spotted several fish swimming around. She didn't even have to get any closer to the garden to smell the flowers. Freya looked up and over to Ares, "You told them I was coming?"
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #3 : August 13, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »

"John knew."  He smirked and started walking into the courtyard.

John was the first through the door, smiling to Freya.  "Welcome home, my dear."

This was followed by a flood of children, the oldest of whom were now in their late teens, and even the triplets looked old enough to have started Hogwarts, if not be nearly old enough to take their OWLs.  Like many Asians, they had a tendency to be older than they looked.  Azrael had certainly grown, as younger kids tend to do.  No longer the boy who clung to his father's leg, he looked as outgoing as the rest of them.  Well, running up to greet Freya, he did.  Rachel, the sickly little girl, was grown and strong, also not the toddler she had been when they'd all been together last.

Ruben ran out with the rest of the group, a little taller than Rachel.  He was the spitting image of Galen, and was starting to look a little like Trelane.

After the rest of the group Trelane walked up behind his father, waving with a smile.  "Hey there, Freya!  Long time no see!"

Galen made his way over as well.  He didn't know her that well, but he knew she was family, and that was good enough for him.  In his arms was a little girl who couldn't have been more than a year old.  Her wide eyes, which were unmistakably Trelane and John's, watched Freya curiously, as though she knew who the woman was.  The infant was the spitting image of Trelane, as much as Ruben was of Galen, but Galen's protective hold spoke volumes that the child was just as much his.

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #4 : August 13, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »

Freya turned at the sound of a voice that was surprisingly familiar. Her eyes widened and she bolted off towards, John. Because of the length of her legs it only took a few strides. "John!" She almost threw herself on the man in a tight hug, feeling a little dizzy, but that was probably because of her suddenly dashing off. "I missed you." For what it was worth. Until recently Freya barely recalled anything from this place. But now that she was finally here again, and was able to see everyone and remember, it made her wish that she had just never walked through that door of hers in the first place.

She opened her eyes and looked over John's shoulder, spotting a herd of children coming. Try as she could, it was difficult to identify who was who, but certain features eventually made it possible. "They're so big now." Freya said quietly, still hugging John, and then let go once the children got closer. She gave the older 'kids' hugs first, then moved on to the younger ones, having to kneel down. "I can't believe how tall all of you are. You all are looking so lovely, too." Freya said and pulled the children into one group hug, starting to tear up again after realizing how fast time had gone. She wanted a time-turner right now.

"Hey." Freya replied to Trelane, still kneeling down from giving the younger children hugs, and was now wiping her eyes dry for what felt like the tenth time today. "Yeah...I know."

She stood up again slowly, not bothering to get the dust off of her knees. "Oh. And there's more of you." Freya said with a little laugh when she spotted the baby. "She's beautiful." Freya sniffled again and dabbed her eyes one last time while looking down, "Congratulations."
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #5 : August 13, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »

"I missed you too, sweetheart."  John's gentle smile followed her as she greeted the children.

Relisha and Robert looked rather proud of themselves, and Ketrel had something of a goofy grin.  The triplets were reluctant to let go of her at first, but let her at the younger of the children, all of them excited to see her.

Rachel took her hand as she followed Freya.

Ruben ran to his fathers and took his papa's hand... Trelane's, smiling up at the two men.

"Yeah," Trelane said softly as he smiled at the latest addition.  "Freya, meet Emerald.  Emmy, this is Freya, another one of your aunts."

Galen grinned, proud of his daughter.  "Thank you.  Say hi, Emmy."

Emerald waved a hello, then reached out her arms for Freya.

Galen looked a little edgy, but at Trelane's nod handed the girl over, keeping close in case Freya needed assistance.

"It's not you," Trelane laughed.  "Galen hates letting go of her.  I'm surprised he lets me hold her, and I'm her father."

"I'm her father too..."  The man looked a little sheepish at that, but Trelane was right.  "I have an older daughter too, with Brooke.  But we didn't want to overwhelm you-" he looked at the horde of 'children' "-and this was more of a Lorenssith family reunion anyhow."

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #6 : August 13, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »

Freya held on to Rachel's hand as she smiled at Emerald, giving the baby a tiny wave. "Hello, Emerald." Wait? Aunt? She looked at Trelane for a second. Freya had completely forgotten that fact. Wow!

Oh gosh, little ones were always so cute. Though Freya was a bit surprised when Emmy reached out for her, it seemed out of the ordinary for someone so young.
Nevertheless, Freya carefully took Emerald in her right arm and balanced her, keeping most of the little girl's weight on her side and shoulder so that her arm wouldn't tire out as quickly.

She chuckled a little bit, "I won't keep her for long." She mentioned to Galen. Freya didn't expect that she could hold Emmy for too long anyway, not without having the strength she used to have.

"I suppose if I had one I would be relucant to let them go too." Freya turned to Emmy and rubbed noses with her, "It's nice to meet you, love." Finally.
"She seems awfully bright for being so young." But then again, maybe babies tended to behave this way. Freya wasn't one-hundred percent sure.

Freya looked to Galen again, 'Brooke.' Now that name was familiar too. "Blonde girl?" She asked, "Blue eyes? Arrived along with the rest of us?" Hopefully that was right, it was what Freya could remember. Unless her brain had been scambled, that was possible too.
Smiling, she continued speaking, and gave Rachel's hand another squeeze to let the girl know that Freya still knew she was there. "What's your other daughter's name? And congratulations again."
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #7 : August 13, 2010, 09:37:25 PM »

"Thank you, and yes, that's Brooke."  He chuckled lightly.  "Elena.  Well, Elena Marie Terra Nightwing, officially."

"Could technically describe Atmor, too."  Trelane nodded and looked at Emerald.  "She's from a line of seers, so she probably perceives more than most infants.  Ruben was the same way.  Atmor and I haven't had any children, so I don't know if it'll carry there, too."  Then, it dawned on him.  "Oh, Alex isn't here, and sends his regards.  He's gotten together with Elluria, after Cassandra asked for a divorce.  They have twin boys.  The twins are sick, though, so they had to miss today."

Emerald waved a hand to Freya again, as though she were trying to say something, but she seemed more quiet than other girls her age.  She still made little noises, but it was as if she wasn't even attempting to speak.

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #8 : August 13, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »

Freya laughed a little bit, "I'm certain that it will carry through. Seems to be moving along just fine so far." She smiled and adjusted Emmy a little better. Her expression fell once Trelane informed her of Alex and Cassandra. 'Cassandra'. Freya reminded herself of the woman, and then remembered thinking about eating chocolate to gain weight. Yes. That was right. Cass had been the one to give her some sort of bar to help her while she visited the hospital wing in school. "Oh dear." Freya said and sighed a little bit, "I hope everything works out. And that they are all doing well." The poor babies. Freya couldn't wait to see them as well now, but all in due time.

"Yes?" Freya said to Emmy, then tilted her head closer to the girl, "What you need?" She whispered sweetly. Smiling again.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #9 : August 13, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »

"Ahh.."  Emmy waved her hand again, as though trying to tell her something.

"She wants to tell you about her day, and about the food everyone made."  Trelane smiled, but there was something to it, as though he were concerned.  "She's picked up some of the telepathic conversation that goes on, and I think she keeps trying to talk that way.  There's a family method that involves our gift, but it takes quite a bit of training to use."  There was a pause as he watched Emerald, and his smile grew brighter.  "And she thinks you're pretty."

Galen didn't seem to be worried, however.  He was proud of his daughter, and it showed.

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #10 : August 13, 2010, 10:43:45 PM »

Freya smoothed Emmy's hair back carefully, still not knowing what the little girl wanted. Until Trelane chimed in...

"Ohh." She said, finally understanding a bit more. Realizing that it could in fact be a real problem if not taken care of. Freya turned back to Emerald, "Did you have a lovely day? Hm? Get to eat some good food?" Her eyes widened a little bit when Trelane mentioned Emmy thinking she was pretty. "Ah, well..." Freya started to say, somewhat surprised, 'Must be the hair.' "I still think you're still a lot prettier than me, hun."

She started to adjust Emerald a little bit more when she finally decided that her arm was just too tired to hold on to Emmy much longer. Freya smiled to Galen and indicated that she was about to pass Emerald back to him.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #11 : August 30, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »

"Aaa... hmph."  Her little hands in the air came down in almost a sign of frustration, though her face was simply determined.  She certainly disagreed with Freya.

Galen carefully took Emerald from her with a little laugh.  "She's opinionated, isn't she?"

Trelane held a hand out to Freya with a welcoming smile.  "Again, welcome home.  Come on, let's go eat."

That seemed to get a chorus of "Yeah!"s and the younger children ran around behind her excitedly, pushing and tugging.

John made sure the doors were opened wide as the older children headed inside to make sure everything was ready.

Ares looked up at him and nodded, then bowed and disappeared.  He would talk with Freya again later.

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #12 : August 30, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »

"She really is, sorry hun." Freya added the last bit quietly.

"Thanks." It was weird hearing that word, 'home'. But it was something she would undoubtably get used to. Freya accepted Trelane's hand and followed.

Oh dear. Kids always seemed so...pushy. "Careful." Freya couldn't help but say as she continued to hold onto Rachel's hand as well as Trelane's now.

"John?" Freya asked as everyone made their way towards the house, "How long did it take to get the front like this?" Meaning, the flowers, the pond, etcetera.
Just as she meant to turn and smile at and thank, Ares, he was nowhere to be found. Freya could feel a tiny pang of guilt starting to bother her. But perhaps there would be another time to say thanks.
Zellanna
The Ultimate Admin
Administrator
Lifeless

« #13 : August 31, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »

"Don't worry about Ares.  He comes and goes as he pleases, and likes to pretend he's mysterious.  Think of him as the ultimate creator and you have him figured out."  He led the way with Trelane, getting the youngers to dash inside with the rest of their siblings rather than pulling and tugging at her.  "The garden took a few years.  Armand comes by and helps groom the place quite a bit.  His skill in herbology has been a huge benefit to the Maquis, even in little things like this."

The main back building was still the main gathering hall, and inside the place hadn't changed too much.  There was a little more Chinese decor that had been added in the last few years.  In the main gathering space a few small tables were set out and the kids were all uncovering plates of various foods, including some of Freya's favorites.

Ruben came running over with a bowl, being careful not to trip.  "Candied beets, Freya?"

--  William Butler Yeats

-- Slade
Pandora88
Fun-Filled

« #14 : August 31, 2010, 12:19:26 PM »

"Oh yes?" Freya turned again to where she had last seen, Ares. That was an odd way of describing him. 'Armand?' Now that must be someone she didn't know. Surely a lot of new faces had turned up in the time Freya had been gone. "It's lovely." She added, giving the front a pleased look before getting inside.

Hmm. Had Freya been here before? She couldn't quite remember this place very well, if at all. Her memories seemed to overlap at times. She could smell something very familiar though, something that she had enjoyed an awful lot way back when. Freya let go of Trelane's hand, but not Rachel's. Her eyes caught sight of all the items the rest of the kids were uncovering. "You didn't make all this did you?" She asked nobody in particular, feeling a little embarrassed.

Freya blinked and looked down at Ruben with a slight smile, "Sure." She took out her wand from one of her pockets and stabbed one of the beets with the end, then took a small bite of it. "Thank you." A thought came to her as she realized what kind of foods were present, "You sure you guys can stomach this stuff?" Some of them were awfully young still, but then again, perhaps they were adventurous enough or had been eating this sort of stuff.
: [1] 2  All  
« previous next »
: